Dr. Bethany Meyer is registered through the NRCME to perform Department of Transportation physicals our office which is located at at 15067 Crestone Ave West, Rosemount, MN 55068. Please use this information in preparation before your appointment.
At the time of your appointment please arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment to complete necessary paperwork.
Helpful tips for your DOT physical examination:
- Provide current driver’s license
- List of all medications, vitamins, minerals, and natural supplements that you take
- Any other documentation such as a medical release, CPAP compliance, etc.
- Corrective lenses (glasses or contacts) if applicable
- Hearing aids if applicable
- Be prepared to leave a urine sample
- Do not consume any caffeine before your physical, especially if you are prone to having high blood pressure
If you have a diagnosis of Sleep Apnea and a CPAP machine:
- You will need to bring a print-out of your CPAP compliance
If you have heart-related issues such as a history of Myocardial Infarction or Bypass Surgery you will need to bring the following items:
- A signed medical release from your medical doctor
- Current Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT) within the last 2 years
- Documentation of your left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF)
If you have a history of TIA, Stroke, Seizures, or Traumatic Brain Injury:
- You will need to bring a signed medical release from your neurologist
If you are taking certain prescription medications, you might be required to obtain documentation from your prescribing physician that states the purpose of the medication and if there are any side effects that could impair your ability to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle.
Please contact our office to schedule and go over any further questions that you may have regarding the exam.